Epcot is filled with festivals, and, while it might not be the most well-known, the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is one of the best.
While the Food and Wine Festival, the Festival of the Holidays, and the Festival of the Arts might get more hype, the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is amazing in its own way. Surround yourself with nearly 1,000 butterflies at the Goodness Garden Butterfly House, gape in awe at the beautiful Disney character topiaries, and fill your bellies with some of these delicious plants at the amazing outdoor kitchens. Bottom line: the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is not to be missed!
Get a FREE printable 30/60/90 day Disney countdown by joining our private Disney Facebook Group and share your photos and ask for tips and tricks!
The Ultimate Guide To The 2021 Epcot Flower And Garden Festival
What Is The Epcot Flower and Garden Festival?
The Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is an annual event, during which the park is decked out in beautiful spring flowers and topiaries! There are special flower-themed exhibits, outdoor kitchen food booths, and even topiary sculptures modeled after Disney characters. It is one of the only Epcot events that doesn’t come at an additional charge, as it’s included in the park admission! (This excludes the food booths of course, but there’s a good chance that you were planning to buy some fantastic food anyways.)
In 2021, the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival is being referred to as the Taste of EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival, due to current events. It will run from March 3, 2021 to July 15, 2021.
While there are tons of lovely plants to look at, the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival also has tasty plants for you to eat! There are a total of nineteen outdoor kitchens and food booths available during this bright and blooming Disney festival. There are booths located in the World Showplace building as well, to help with crowd control. This is a great way to drink around the world too!
Bauernmarkt: Farmer’s Market-Germany
- Potato Pancakes with House-made Apple Sauce (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly) (Plant-Based Item)
- Potato Pancake with Caramelized Ham, Onions and Herb Sour Cream (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Toasted Pretzel Bread topped with Black Forest Ham and Melted Gruyère Cheese
- Warm Cheese Strudel with Mixed Berries
- M.I.A. Brewing Hugo, Doral, FL
- Bitburger Premium Pils, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany
- Stiegl Brewery Radler Zitrone, Salzburg, Austria
- Apfelschaumwein: Sparkling Wine and Apple Liqueur
- Beer Flight
Cider House-World Showplace
- House-Made Potato and Cheddar Biscuit with Salmon Tartare
- Dark Chocolate Raspberry Tart with Whipped Cream
- 3 Daughters Brewing Pink Lemonade, St. Petersburg, FL
- Bold Rock Watermelon Hard Cider, Nellysford, VA
- Blake’s Hard Cider Co. Triple Jam Hard Cider, Armada, MI
- Samuel Smith Old Brewery Pure Brewed Organic Lager, Tadcaster, UK
- Snakebite: Blake’s Hard Cider Co. Triple Jam Hard Cider and Samuel Smith Old Brewery Pure Brewed Organic Lager
- Cider Flight
The Citrus Blossom-Showcase Plaza
- Meyer Lemon-Poached Lobster Salad with Grapefruit-Rosé Vinaigrette, Yuzu-Marinated Hearts of Palm and Avocado-Yuzu Panna Cotta (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Citrus-Braised Crispy Pork Belly with Kumquat and Carrot
- Citrus Shortcake: Orange Chiffon Cake, Lemon Curd, Mandarins, Whipped Cream and Citrus Crumble
- Orange-Lemon Smoothie in a Souvenir Orange Bird Sipper Cup (nonalcoholic)
- Islamorada Beer Company Coconut Key Lime Ale, Fort Pierce, FL
- First Magnitude Brewing Lemon Hefeweizen, Gainesville, FL
- Playalinda Brewing Company Hibiscus Lime Ale, Titusville, FL
- Orange Sunshine Wine Slushy
- Beer Flight
Festival Favorites-World Showplace
- Watermelon Salad with Pickled Onions, Feta and Balsamic Reduction (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Beef Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider with Garlic Sausage, Chorizo, Cheddar Fondue and House-Made Pickle
- Fried Green Tomatoes with Blue Crab-Fennel Salad, Remoulade and Smoked Paprika Oil
- Key Lime Tart with Toasted Meringue
- Frozen Lemonade (nonalcoholic)
- 3 Daughters Brewing Maple Bacon Stout, St. Petersburg, FL
- Frozen Lemonade with Firefly Blackberry Moonshine
Flavor Full Kitchen-Future World West
- Grilled Baby Vegetables with Hummus Cream and Red Pepper Coulis (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly) (Plant-Based Item)
- Seared Verlasso® Salmon with Farro Risotto and Micro-herbs
- Strawberry Mousse with Chocolate Crisp Pearls
- Blood Orange Agua Fresca (nonalcoholic)
- Cookie Butter Worms and Dirt (nonalcoholic)
Fleur de Lys-France
- Tarte aux Oignons Caramélisés et Chèvre: Goat Cheese Tart with Caramelized Onions on a Flaky Pastry Crust
- Canard Confit à l’Orange aux Gnocchi à la Parisienne: Braised Duck Confit à l’Orange with Parisian Gnocchi
- Macaron au Chocolate en Sucette: Large Chocolate Macaron Lollipop
- Beignet Caramélisé, Fourré Crème Vanille, Glacé au Caramel Fleur de Sel: Caramelized Beignet Filled with Vanilla Cream and Glazed with Caramel Fleur de Sel
- Kronenbourg Blanc 1664 Draft Beer
- VeRy Raspberry: Rosé Wine with Natural Raspberry Flavor
- Chardonnay, Le Vieux Manoir
- Bordeaux, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Malbec Blend, Château Lorient
- La Vie en Rose Frozen Slushy: Vodka, Grey Goose l’Orange Vodka, St. Germain Liqueur, White and Red Cranberry Juice
- Frushi: Strawberry, Pineapple and Cantaloupe wrapped in Sweet Rice and Pink Soy Wrap served with Whipped Cream, Drizzled Berry Sauce and Toasted Coconut
- Shrimp and Crab with Spicy Mayonnaise and Cucumber Slices Finished with Creamy Avocado and Violet Sauce
- Soy-glazed Pork Shank with Truffle Mashed Potatoes, Crispy Lotus Flower, Garlic Chips and Green Onion
- Sakura Zen Ale
- Pineapple Sake
- Blood Orange Sour with Fresh Mint
Jardin de Fiestas-Mexico
- Tostada de Cochinita: Braised Pork on a Crispy Corn Tortilla with Black Beans Topped with Pickled Onions, Mango-Habanero Relish and Oregano (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Taco Vampiro: Braised Beef on a Corn Tortilla with Crispy Grilled Monterey Jack Cheese and Salsa Ranchera (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Sope de Chorizo: Plant-Based Ground Chorizo on Fried Corn Dough with Black Beans and Avocado Mousse (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly) (Plant-Based Item)
- Passion Fruit Margarita: Corazón de Agave Blanco Tequila, Passion Fruit Purée, Lime Juice, Nixta Corn Liqueur and a Hint of Smoke with a Hibiscus Flower Salt Rim
- The Garden Margarita: Ojo de Tigre Mezcal, Lettuce Juice, Ancho Reyes Chile Verde Liqueur, Lime Juice, Gracias a Dios Agave Gin and a Sprig of Thyme
- Tulum Mexican Craft Beer with Floater: Artisanal Lager with Citrus Notes Made with Caribbean Seawater and Served with an Elderflower Liqueur Floater
La Isla Fresca-between Morocco and France
- Lamb Curry with Sweet Plantains and Rice (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer with Steamed Rice and Coconut-Lime Sauce (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Tropical Mousse Cup: Layers of Passion Fruit Cake, Coconut Mousse and a Tropical Fruit Glaze with Fresh Pineapple
- Tropical Freeze (nonalcoholic)
- Ivanhoe Park Brewing Co. Hibiscus Guavacation Sour Beer, Orlando, FL
- Tropical Freeze with Parrot Bay Mango Rum
- Papa Cakes: Potato Cakes Filled with Shrimp and Water Chestnuts Served with House-Made Strawberry Sauce
- Bon Bon Chicken Skewer with Sesame and Peanut Sauce
- House-Made Crab and Cheese Wontons
- “Panda” Bubble Tea: Classic Milk Tea with Black and White Boba Pearls (nonalcoholic)
- Jasmine Draft Beer
- Marco Boba: Amaretto, Iced Coffee, Milk, and Boba
- Kung Fu Punch: Vodka, Triple Sec, Mango Syrup, Orange Juice and Soda Water
- Tang Dynasty: Jose Cuervo Especial Tequila Gold, Light Rum, Strawberry Syrup, Piña Colada Mix, White Boba Pearls and Soda Water
Magnolia Terrace-The American Adventure
- Crawfish Étouffée with Andouille Sausage and Dirty Rice
- Cajun-style Roasted Oysters
- House-made Boudin Two Ways with Spicy Mustard
- Pecan Cake with Maple Whipped Cream
- Pecan Praline
- Bayou Cocktail: Bayou Spiced Rum, Coconut Rum, Fruit Punch and Minute Maid® Orange Juice
- 81Bay Brewing Co. Orange Coriander Wheat Ale, Tampa, FL
- Wicked Weed Brewing Day Light American Light Ale, Asheville, NC
- Parish Brewing Co. Ghost in the Machine Double IPA, Broussard, LA
- Beer Flight
- Seared Scallops with French Green Beans, Butter Potatoes, Brown Butter Vinaigrette and Applewood-Smoked Bacon (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Beef Tenderloin Tips, Mushroom Bordelaise Sauce and Whipped Potatoes with Garden Vegetables
- Griddled Maple Pound Cake with Warm Peach Compote and Sweet Corn Gelato
- Maple Popcorn Shake (nonalcoholic)
- 81Bay Brewing Apricot with Maple Syrup, Tampa, FL
- Collective Arts Brewing Blackberry Fruit Beer, Hamilton, Ontario
- Goose Island Beer Company Lost Palate Hazy IPA with Mango and Cinnamon, Chicago, IL
- Maple Popcorn Shake with Tap 357 Maple Rye Whisky
- Beer Flight
Pineapple Promenade-Showcase Plaza
- Spicy Hot Dog with Pineapple Chutney and Plantain Chips
- Mixed Berry Buttermilk Cake
- DOLE Whip® (Plant-Based Item)
- Frozen Desert Violet Lemonade (nonalcoholic)
- DOLE Whip® with Fanta® (nonalcoholic)
- 3 Daughters Brewing Tropical Hefe Wheat Ale, St. Petersburg, FL
- Wicked Weed Brewing Fresh Pressed Wheat Ale with Mango, Pineapple and Guava, Asheville, NC
- Lexington Brewing & Distilling Company Alo’hop IPA, Lexington, KY
- Playalinda Brewing Company Violet Lemonade Ale, Titusville, FL
- Florida Orange Groves Winery Sparkling Pineapple Wine, St. Petersburg, FL
- DOLE Whip® Topped with Parrot Bay Coconut Rum
- Pineapple Beer Flight
- Margherita: Rustic Italian Flatbread with Tomato Sauce and Mozzarella
- Arancini: Sweet Sausage Fried Risotto Balls with Pomodoro Sauce
- Traditional Sicilian Cannoli: Crisp Pastry Filled with Sweet Ricotta, Chocolate and Candied Orange
- Peroni Pilsner
- Pinot Grigio
- Rosa Regale
- Italian White Sangria with Prosecco
- Italian Red Sangria with Cabernet Sauvignon
- Italian Margarita with Limoncello and Tequila
Taste Of Marrakesh-Morocco
- Moroccan Seafood Couscous with Shrimp, Mussels, Olives, Preserved Lemons and Anchovy Breadcrumbs
- Shakshuka: Moroccan Baked Eggs in a Spiced Eggplant and Tomato Stew
- Lemon Magdalena Cake with Orange and Fig Compote and Sangria Gel (Plant-Based Item)
- M.I.A. Beer Company Pink Hibiscus Orange Wheat Ale, Doral, Florida
- Maeloc Pineapple and Pear Hard Cider, Galicia, Spain
Trowel And Trellis-Showcase Plaza
- Grilled Street Corn on the Cob with Savory Garlic Spread (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly) (Plant-Based Item)
- Impossible™ Sausage and Kale Soup (Plant-Based Item)
- Boneless Impossible™ Korean Short Rib with Cilantro-Lime Rice, Danmuji Slaw and Kimchee Mayonnaise (Plant-Based Item)
- Lavender Pot de Crème with Blueberry Cake, Pink Peppercorn and Lime Whipped Cream (Plant-Based Item)
- Twinings of London® Energize Matcha Cranberry & Lime Green Tea (nonalcoholic)
- Parish Brewing Co. Bloom Hazy IPA, Broussard, LA
- Twinings of London® Energize Matcha Cranberry & Lime Green Tea with Hanger 1 Makrut Lime Vodka Served in a Mason Jar
The Honey Bee-stro-Showcase Plaza
- Tupelo Honey and Sweet Corn Spoon Bread with Jalapeños, Bacon and House-Made Whipped Honey Butter (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Lavender Honey Mustard-Marinated Chicken Flatbread with Whipped Honey-Ricotta Cheese, Marinated Vegetables and Purple Haze Lavender Goat Cheese
- Local Wildflower Honey-Mascarpone Cheesecake with Orange Blossom Honey Whipped Cream, Whipped Honey, Crystalized Honey, Honeycomb, Dehydrated Honey and Fennel Pollen Meringue Kisses
- Honey-Peach Freeze in a Souvenir Spike the Bee Sipper Cup (nonalcoholic)
- First Magnitude Brewing Co. Honey Bee Citrus Blonde Ale, Gainesville, FL
- Florida Orange Groves Winery Orange Blossom Honey Wine, St. Petersburg, FL
- Honey-Peach Freeze with Blueberry Vodka
EPCOT Farmer’s Feast-World Showplace *new*
- Spring Onion Soup with Crispy Shallots and Micro Chive
- Duck Confit with Carrot Purée, Roasted Root Vegetables, Rainbow Chard and Duck Jus (Gluten/Wheat-Friendly)
- Off the “Beet”en Path: Profiteroles with Red Beet Mousse, Golden Beet Pastry Cream, Whipped Goat Cheese Cream and Candied Walnuts
- 81Bay Brewing Co. Watermelon Mint Wheat Ale, Tampa, FL
- Hibiscus Lemonade Cocktail featuring Islamorada Brewery & Distillery Hibiscus Gin
EPCOT Sunshine Griddle-Future World East *new*
- Avocado Toast with Marinated Toybox Tomatoes and Fresh Goat Cheese on Toasted Ciabatta
- Shrimp and Grits: Blackened Shrimp and Cheddar Cheese Grits with Brown Gravy and Sweet Corn Salsa
- Corned Beef Brisket Hash with House-Made Potato Barrels, Onions, Peppers, Cheese Curds and a Soft-Poached Egg with Tabasco® Hollandaise
- Fried Cinnamon Roll Bites with Cream Cheese Frosting and Candied Bacon
- Froot Loops® Shake (nonalcoholic)
- Joffrey’s Coffee™ Cold Brew Cocktail with Milk, Kahlúa Rum and Coffee Liqueur, and Vanilla Vodka
Epcot Flower and Garden Festival Concerts
Due to the current global situation, Disney isn’t featuring entertainment at the Flower and Garden Festival the way they have in the past. But don’t worry! There’s still plenty of music to enjoy at the American Gardens Theatre, inside the World Showplace, and at the Canada Mill Stage.
Jammin’ Gardeners (Canada Mill Stage)
Tap your feet to the syncopated sounds of the funkiest gardeners around.
Voices of Liberty (America Gardens Theatre)
Get swept away by inspiring vocal performances celebrating America’s spirit and beauty.
Mariachi Cobre (America Gardens Theatre)
Enjoy an exuberant performance of world-famous, traditional folk music.
Pianist (World Showplace)
Relax and enjoy a selection of songs of the season.
Bands at America Gardens Theatre (America Gardens Theatre)
Watch bands from Orlando perform the songs of yesterday and today. Performances are on Sunday, Monday, Friday and Saturday only.
- EPIC! – (Pop)
Get ready for a true multi-generational “SuperBand” who continues their run of success—making appearances all over the world with their Concert Style high-energy show!Dates:
- March 5 to 8
- April 16 to 19
- May 28 to 31
- Motown in Motion (Motown / R&B)
Get moving to the sounds of this power-packed, live Motown musical tribute to some of the greatest American artists of all time. Dates:
- March 19 to 22
- April 30 to May 3
- June 11 to 14
- Vintage Vinyl Band (Vintage Pop)
Drop in for a spin with this unconventional top 40 cover band that specializes in retrofitting today’s hits into yesterday’s sound, while weaving in classics from the American Songbook. Dates:
- March 12 to 15
- April 23 to 26
- June 4 to 7
- The Hooligans (Pop)
Rock the night away to classic tunes ranging from the British Invasion to ‘80s pop to ‘90s alternative. Dates:
- March 26 to 29
- May 7 to 10
- June 18 to 21
- The Spazmatics (‘80s Pop)
Go wild for this band that recaptures all the best of the ‘80s. Outstanding musicianship combined with creative flair and styles make for an evening of pure energy and entertainment. Dates:
- April 2 to 5
- May 14 to 17
- June 25 to 28
- Latin Ambition (Latin/Pop)
Discover why this bilingual Latin American Party Band has received accolades and honors industry-wide for over a decade—and earning their reputation by promising energy, showmanship and diversity. Dates:
- April 9 to 12
- May 21 to 24
- July 2 to 5
Goodness Garden Butterfly House
Can you even imagine being surrounded by nearly 1,000 butterflies? It seems like something out of Tarzan or The Jungle Book! But you don’t have to travel across the world to go that. You can do it in Epcot’s Goodness Garden Butterfly House! And the butterflies aren’t all you can see in the Goodness Garden Butterfly House! Amongst all of the beautiful butterflies, there are also stunning fairy topiaries!
Because butterflies are such fascinating creatures, Disney has created a set-up for you and your little ones to learn about the life cycle of a butterfly. Learn how it starts as an egg, becomes a caterpillar, curls up on a chrysalis, and finally becomes one of the bright butterflies flying all around you!
This year they are limiting capacity and encouraging social distancing while inside the Butterfly House. The traffic flow is only one way as well, and Cast Members are there to help traffic move in the correct direction.
This year, there are two scavenger hunts that kids of all ages will have fun participating in: Spike’s Pollen-Nation Exploration and Egg-stravaganza Scavenger Hunt. The first one encourages guests to find Spike the Bee hidden throughout the festival, and after purchasing your map and stickers, you will put the sticker of Spike on the map where you found him, and you can turn your completed map in for a prize!
After March 19th, you’ll also be able to purchase the Easter egg hunt map and you’ll be on the search for Disney character-inspired eggs hidden throughout the park. You can also win a prize after completing this map as well.
Both of these cost $7.99 and are available while supplies last.
If you’re looking for a food scavenger hunt, the Garden Graze food tour might be for you! You can visit several Festival booths and collect stamps in your passport for buying some delicious and beautiful dishes – that are full of veggies! You can do this “graze” over several visits, and completely on your own time.
Once completed, return your stamped passport to Pineapple Promenade for a special yummy prize!
Disney Character Topiaries
The first question that needs to be answered is simple: What is a topiary? A topiary is basically a tree, a shrub, or a plant that has been cut into a certain shape. In the case of the topiaries at the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival, the vast majority of the topiaries are cut to look like Disney characters!
Disney’s horticulturists are hard at work throughout the year taking care of nearly 100 Disney character topiaries! While you’ll of course be able to see topiaries of Mickey and Minnie Mouse, there are tons of other Disney characters that will make an appearance. Anna and Elsa from Frozen, Belle and the Beast from Beauty and the Beast, and even Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog from The Muppets will all have huge topiaries modeled after them. At night, many of these topiaries even light up!
And of course, don’t miss Remy from Ratatouille! This little chef’s topiary is going to be the new center piece of the brand new Ratatouille Garden (which will of course be located in the France Pavilion). Many Disney fans are excited about the new Ratatouille-inspired ride, Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure, which should be opening this year!
Quick Tips For The Epcot Flower and Garden Festival
Pick Up A Passport
Like many of the other Epcot festivals, the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival also has a passport. This passport can act as your guide, as it showcases the many topiaries, exhibits, and outdoor kitchens available during the festival. That way, you’ll never miss something that you want to see, especially if you pair your passport with an official map of Epcot!
Know That Crowds May Vary
Some of the best days at Disney are the ones without the huge crowds. You waste less time waiting for rides, shows, food, and character meet-and-greets. And if you check out the Disney World crowd calendar, you’ll know that between March and July (when the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival runs), there’s a HUGE difference in the number of people in the park on any given day. For example, while most of April, Disney is packed, May has some of the tamest crowds of the year!
Also, without Fastpasses right now, lines can get pretty long in EPCOT. Lines for both food and rides can get pretty long, so definitely plan ahead and use your time wisely. You may end up waiting in some long lines for food, since that’s what everyone is at the festival for!
Purchase A Festival-Themed Souvenir
During the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival, Disney stocks up on a ton of festival-themed and Spring-themed souvenirs. Looking for Spring-inspired Minnie ears? They’ve got that! Or perhaps you’d want a Minnie watering can to start your new garden? (After all, you’re going to want to start one after being surrounded by all of the beautiful flowers in the park all day!) They’ve got that too! Which festival-themed souvenir will you choose to take home with you?
I hope you enjoy the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival! It is a spectacular event, and I know that you are going to enjoy it. So be sure to keep your eyes out for the bright, beautiful things to see, stop and smell the flowers, and dine on delicious dishes during the Epcot Flower and Garden Festival.